is there anyway to....

Started by
5 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 8 months ago
create games in C++ without any special librarie or anything? just the standard stuff
Advertisement
define "standard"
Unless you use the console, then no. And even then you're technically using a library.

Why don't you want to use any libraries?
like just with cstio, cstdlib, iostream

i get confused when im trying to install one. (i got this book and it came with a CD-ROM with allegro on it and im trying to install it on devC++ but the autoupdate doesn't work and then it says to install from the CD-ROM and its really confusingand i dont know what to do)
It's possible to create simple console games (tetris, tic tac toe) without using any graphics libraries. You could also create games using the Window's GDI, that doesn't require any other libraries to be installed. Of course it's still using libraries, you just don't need to install them.

It really is to your benefit to learn how to install and use libraries though. Try looking for a tutorial on installing Allegro, should help.
--------------------------<modena> - Comfortably Nub
okay, im not sure what i did now but now when i try to open a new project it says: Could not change to templates directory...

and then the new project screen is all blank.

sorry about being stupid
Make sure that you have the lastest dev-c++ in the older versions like the one I have in my other computer the update utility won't work. If all fails you can get the pre-built library from this page

http://www.allegro.cc/files/index.html?&session=0a62debfd5bccbc3010d334ecd170d79

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement