- C++ Templates, David Vandervoorde and Nicolai M. Josuttis
- Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0, Frank D. Luna
- 3D Math Primer, Fletcher Dunn and Ian Parberry
Books I plan to buy:

- Game Coding Complete, Mike McShaffry
- Real-Time 3D Terrain Engines Using C++ and DirectX 9, Gregory Snook
- Exceptional C++ style, Herb Sutter
- Modern C++ Design, Andrei Alexandrescu
The things I want to learn is 3D programming with dx using c++. I want tips on more books to buy.
Advertisement
I think your choice of books is very good, I have all those. Greg Snooks is particularly good as it comes with my program on it :), the main one I suggest you are missing is Core Techniques and Algorithms in Games Programming. It is a superb book and along with Game Coding Complete are my two favourite books at the moment. I have written some small reviews of a load of other good games and related books on the Resources page on my Internet site as well if you interested: here: resources
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
What program have you made which comes with his book? Thanks for the advice.

Edit: I forgot Game Programming Gems 1,2,3 and 4. I'll probably buy atleast one of them. Anyone who has read all and can tell which one of them is best.

Edit2: I checked out the program on your site (T2).

Edit3: Your site is now bookmarked :)
Hi, yeh it was T2. The book is mainly about real time terrain rendering but he included my program as a means of pre-creating terrain - its advanced a fair bit from the version on the book so I would download the one off my site rather than use the one on the book.

Edit: I have read all the games programming gems, bassically they get harder and harder as they go on - I am still struggling through number 4 :)
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
I wouldn't mind some more recommendations :)
Get "Design Patterns" before you get anything else.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement