Sign in to follow this  

help debugging please

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

LPDIRECTDRAW g_pDD;
LPDIRECTDRAWSURFACE g_pDDSBack;
LPDIRECT3DRM g_pD3Drm;
LPDIRECT3DRMDEVICE3 g_pD3DrmDev;
hr = g_pD3Drm->CreateDeviceFromSurface(NULL, g_pDD, g_pDDSBack, &g_pD3DrmDev);

i get an error : basis3.cpp:56: error: no matching function for call to `IDirect3DRM::CreateDeviceFromSurface(NULL, IDirectDraw*&, IDirectDrawSurface*&, IDirect3DRMDevice3**)' C:/DEV-CPP/include/d3drm.h:70: error: candidates are: virtual long int IDirect3DRM::CreateDeviceFromSurface(_GUID*, IDirectDraw*, IDirectDrawSurface*, IDirect3DRMDevice**)

You either forgot to implement (write the code for) that function or you have mismatching parameters. i.e. you're passing IDirectDrawSurface*& when the function requires IDirectDrawSurface*.

If you've implemented the function and it just doesn't like the DirectDraw LP parameters being passed in, try 1 of 2 things. Try declaring and implementing the function so that you pass the address to LPDIRECTDRAW pointer, instead of the LPDIRECTDRAW pointer itself. Then inside the function, just dereference the double pointer. The other thing you could try is to declare:

IDirectDraw *g_pDD;
IDirectDrawSurface *g_pDDSBack;

I would try this approach first. I don't know for sure why your code doesn't work with those parameters, because LPDIRECTDRAW is just defined as such:
typedef struct IDirectDraw FAR *LPDIRECTDRAW

Good luck,
Chris

Read the error message carefully. The problem is this: the last parameter of should be an address of a pointer to IDirect3DRMDevice. You passed the address of a pointer to IDirect3DRMDevice3.

I don't know how to fix it, but one of these three should be the right thing to do:

1. Change LPDIRECT3DRMDEVICE3 to LPDIRECT3DRMDEVICE.
2. Change CreateDeviceFromSurface to CreateDeviceFromSurfaceN where N is the latest version.
3. Include the proper header files.

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.