Sign in to follow this  

Two questions need answer

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,i'm trying to optimize my openGL game, so i need some resources(tutorials)for testing my applications at run-time,CPU overhead,memory etc cause my computer is very powerfull and i must know how it will behave on other computers. Does someone know which was the first video -card that supported stencil buffering ,because my code has some really cool reflections ?

And another question

What does dithering mean? Thanks for your help!

From WikiPedia

Quote:

Dithering is a technique used in computer graphics to create the illusion of color depth in images with a limited color palette. In a dithered image, colors not available in the palette are approximated by a diffusion of colored pixels from within the available palette. The human eye perceives the diffusion as a mixture of the colors within it. Dithering is analogous to the halftone technique used in printing. Dithered images, particularly those with relatively few colors, can often be distinguished by a characteristic graininess, or speckled appearance.

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.