"Inconsistent classes map" exception

Started by
5 comments, last by Moose6912 19 years, 7 months ago
I've encountered an "inconsistent classes map" error whenever i called System.gc().does anyone know what does this error mean?I'm using WTK and Sun ONE Mobile studio and the preverify compiler to generate my classes.
Advertisement
Never seen that. Sounds like a good reason to rebuild, and check the library jars you're using.
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
Never seen that. Sounds like a good reason to rebuild, and check the library jars you're using.

Library jars?You mean any external libraries that i am using?I'm using none for this particular midlet.Seems like this runtime exception also occurs when i activate the garbage collection manually when doing memory profiling.
Is this occurring on the device, or on the emulator? And if so, which device or which emulator?
This occurs on the emulator.I'm using the default color phone emulator(that horrible yellowish brown color emulator) that comes with WTK 1.0.4.I'm developing for MIDP 1.0.When i transfer the jar file over to my nokia 6100.It produces an "Unable to open application" error when it came to that line of code System.gc().I think it could be the WTK 1.0.4 building that produces this error.Weird thing is that when i remove all my calls to draw images from png and use fillrect instead.The error does not occur.
Inconsistant classes map error is a result of calling gc and the KVM memory monitor forgetting what it is doing because it still has references to gc'ed classes, as yet i have not encountered the error on the phone and only in the emulator and only when profiling memory.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Inconsistant classes map error is a result of calling gc and the KVM memory monitor forgetting what it is doing because it still has references to gc'ed classes, as yet i have not encountered the error on the phone and only in the emulator and only when profiling memory.

Thanks,i've resolved my problem by not calling System.gc() at all.I've only experience that problem on an emulator too and when i port the jar file over to my Nokia.It produces an "Application Error".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement