Getting Some.

Started by
79 comments, last by Cibressus 19 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Goober King
How about love even? What do you do in the name of looking for love?

im not that into getting laid either. i dont even think id like to have sex with a woman if im not in love with. id be like wanking without the privacy think.

id very much like to find mutual love, but i think im kinda picky personality wise, and the kind of girl im looking for isnt typically the kind of girl id meet in a bar. where i would meet them i wouldnt know either though. so... id like to try and find 'her' but i wouldnt know where. (OMG poetry)

that said i did meet a girl i thought it could work out with but it was about a year ago and i was so socially inept then i let her slip. maybe i still am but i dont think so. guess ill have to trust my luck for getting another chance.

meh.
Advertisement
Well I don't get to say this nearly enough so:

I met my girlfriend playing an online game (an MMORPG no less). So you don't need to go outside or be a people person to form true friendships.
Quote:Original post by pan narrans
Quote:Original post by benryves
As it is I'm just a very quiet person

Me too, in real lifetm

Programings generaly not a job for the outgoing.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Quote:Original post by botman2

I met my girlfriend playing an online game (an MMORPG no less). So you don't need to go outside or be a people person to form true friendships.

THERE IS STILL HOPE!
*cough* yeah... all I need now is a decent 'net connection [sad]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Okay, maybe you can live without it for now. But once you do, you won't be able to get enough for the next 6 months.
Quote:Original post by botman2

Well not literaly out side but online is a form of interpersonal interaction. Its contact with people that are not you. Meeting people requires you to travel outside your box. Whatever that might be.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Quote:
I'm 18, just left and on my way to Cambridge for a CS degree.

Ah, good. Some time to consider that high school is fairly meaningless and not worth a second thought.

Quote:
and I guess I suffer that too.

Not that it is my place to give advice, but just follow your path. Don't hesitate on anything. The social things you feel or felt you missed out on will eventually show their size in the greater scheme of things (they are tiny, non-important factors).

Sometimes I look back and consider the "fun" I might have missed on leading a similar life you found yourself in. For a while I felt as though I missed out on some stuff. As I grew older and looked back on things, and I see kids that age, I realize how silly and stupid it really is.

A lot of the fun is associated with "dumb" and I'm glad I didn't act like a retard or do meaningless social games or buy into ideal typical socialization patterns. I rather fancy the idea that I dictate who I am and I choose my life path not so much on what people think, but how I think and feel.
"Creativity requires you to murder your children." - Chris Crawford
Heh, I only have 56k. It was a very crappy MMORPG.
Quote:Original post by MindWipe
I don't see any other reason to go out then then seeking to get laid (or increasing your odds to get laid later some day). Sure, could be fun to go out with your friends and talk once in a while, but when I go out to nightclubs/bars getting laid is the goal. It's not as if I concider it a bad evening if I didn't get any (Damn I would have experienced alot of bad evenings then!).

If you don't mind me asking,how many times you actually succeded that?I go to bars/club every weekend,and many times on weekdays,and,although you might get some action,getting laid is pretty tough.Heck,I even went for holidays last week with some friends and everyone got pretty close,but none actually got laid.Most people have sex if they have a relationship.Most girls are not so easy these days,at least not where I'm living.[sad]
Quote:
As the Butthole Surfers said: Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done.

You'd take advice from people called the butthole surfers? (that band sucks, too :)

I think the advice only works in a few cases. I think for the rest of life and meaning (I guess people who live life without meaning are exempt), it's generally bad advice.
"Creativity requires you to murder your children." - Chris Crawford

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement