So I finally took all of Carmack's Quakecon speech, and put it to text format

Started by
22 comments, last by benryves 19 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by Sander
benryves, you have a GDNet+ account and thus 2 megs of space at GDnet [grin]

I know that, but thought he was asking me to stick it up as an article or something on GameDev.net. After all, there are quite a few GDNet+ members in here...
Sorry; I'm being a bit slow today [grin]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement
Does the reformatted version get rid of the needless linebreaks?
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark

Yep, it sure does.
For those (like myself) who prefer a .txt version; here's one I took from the Word Document.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
I know that, but thought he was asking me to stick it up as an article or something on GameDev.net. After all, there are quite a few GDNet+ members in here...
Sorry; I'm being a bit slow today [grin]

I've just submitted it as news :) (Crediting Johnny, of course).
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

May you have many lives and ... stuff.
[size=2]aliak.net
Quote:Original post by benryves
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark

Yep, it sure does.
For those (like myself) who prefer a .txt version; here's one I took from the Word Document.

Thanks to both of you. :)
Rating+ from me, thank you. [wink]

That's not John Carmack's keynote, it's an imposter! After all, I see that you failed to transcribe even one of Carmack's "mmmMMMmmm"s.

Just kidding, thanks Johnny. That must have taken you a loooong time.
Quote:Original post by Bossk

That's not John Carmack's keynote, it's an imposter! After all, I see that you failed to transcribe even one of Carmack's "mmmMMMmmm"s.

Just kidding, thanks Johnny. That must have taken you a loooong time.

I was gonna say the same thing ... He needs to work on that. It doesnt sound good.

Quoting Johnny:

Everyone complains about the hard edges with stencil
shadows on there, but with the way you could do shadow volumes [did he mean "shadow buffers"? - Johnny] before, you
had hard edges and they weren't even straight; you had these awful distorted pixel edges that looked really really

I was more or less reading this and thought: Hell! This man is not only transcribing but adding corrections! Wait! He is actually UNDERSTANDING this stuff!

x-DDDD Just joking. It was very difficult for me to read it, so I found funny that many people will read it and understand it completely, but I've learned some things, I think :-)

Thank you for transcribing it. Regards,

-=[ J ]=-I always forget to change the tagline.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement