Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Microsoft.Direct3D and distribution

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I remember having some problems getting Microsoft.Direct3D and co. to show up properly in my list of .NET references, and in fact it didn't work until installing the latest summer update. My question is, is it likely that my end users will have a similar problem? If they have DX 9.0b and .NET 1.1, for example, can I be assured that an app using Microsoft.Direct3D will work?

I had that problem too, it was either that or the help I think. I was installing DX in different combinations etc. I even tried reinstalling VS (hours). I then went to C# with #Develop and I could get them from the GAC. I now use VS C# and 2003 Update DX and it works now.
I would assume that it would work now, but if you needed to be sure - test it on somebody else's computer, which you really need to do anyway.

Hope that this was helpful.

Quote:
Original post by Promit
I remember having some problems getting Microsoft.Direct3D and co. to show up properly in my list of .NET references, and in fact it didn't work until installing the latest summer update.
It was an IDE problem, usually compounded by the ambiguity of multiple versions, and liberally complicated by the traditional kinks in a new system.

So long as the DLLs are placed in the GAC when installed (do that for your own components when you install them, too), retrieving references and testing for availability is reliable.

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.