Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Framework 1.1 complete?

This topic is 4845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Take this question lightly, as it has probably been added in 2.0, but I don't think that you can, for example, get drive free space etc (although you can enumerate them) or memory usage for the computer.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You could also use WMI to acheive this through .NET System.Management namespace

Quote:
Original post by Washu
You can. They are called performance counters.

Ah, yes. I thought I saw something on them somewhere, but nothing came up when I searched.
Thanks!

Quote:
Original post by Washu
System.Management is a namespace. So, what exactly are you asking? Oh, and the ManagementQuery class sounds like something you could look into...

Yes, that is what I mean (or maybe it was ManagementQuerySearch).
Anyway, in the constructor it took a string. In the example it had ("<something...> __win32logicaldrives") or something like that, I cannot remember. In the help it didn't appear to have a list of query string or syntax.

Quote:
Original post by DrGUI
Quote:
Original post by Washu
System.Management is a namespace. So, what exactly are you asking? Oh, and the ManagementQuery class sounds like something you could look into...

Yes, that is what I mean (or maybe it was ManagementQuerySearch).
Anyway, in the constructor it took a string. In the example it had ("<something...> __win32logicaldrives") or something like that, I cannot remember. In the help it didn't appear to have a list of query string or syntax.

See: Monitoring the Event Log Remotely using WMI in .NET

Alas, VS C# 2003 does not have the server node or any option to add one. I looked in the help and the item on the tools menu that it said go to was missing.

Why do M$ do this? Why! Why!
(to make you pay lots more for professional version, that's why)

This topic is 4845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.