[.net] Framework 1.1 complete?

Started by
12 comments, last by DrGUI 19 years, 7 months ago
Take this question lightly, as it has probably been added in 2.0, but I don't think that you can, for example, get drive free space etc (although you can enumerate them) or memory usage for the computer.
Advertisement
You can. They are called performance counters.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

You could also use WMI to acheive this through .NET System.Management namespace
Oops that was me above, forgot to log in
Quote:Original post by Washu
You can. They are called performance counters.

Ah, yes. I thought I saw something on them somewhere, but nothing came up when I searched.
Thanks!
How do you formulate a query for System.Management?

I rated you two up as I am feeling happy!
System.Management is a namespace. So, what exactly are you asking? Oh, and the ManagementQuery class sounds like something you could look into...

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Is there any way to detect that I'm running on, say, Mono on a PPC machine, for example?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Yes, using the System.Environment class you can easily see what your OS is, and what version of the .net runtime is installed. Along with other information.

Quote:Original post by Washu
System.Management is a namespace. So, what exactly are you asking? Oh, and the ManagementQuery class sounds like something you could look into...

Yes, that is what I mean (or maybe it was ManagementQuerySearch).
Anyway, in the constructor it took a string. In the example it had ("<something...> __win32logicaldrives") or something like that, I cannot remember. In the help it didn't appear to have a list of query string or syntax.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement