Missing wsock32.lib, winsock.h?

Started by
6 comments, last by OmniBrain 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi, using Visual C++ Express Beta edition, trying to access wsock32.lib and winsock.h/winsock2.h, but isn't to be found? typed: #pragma comment(lib, "wsock32.lib") #include <winsock2.h> ------ Build started: Project: Reaper, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Compiling... googleapi.c c:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\googleapi\gsoapgoogleapi\stdsoap2.h(109) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory soapC.c c:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\googleapi\gsoapgoogleapi\stdsoap2.h(109) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory soapClient.c c:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\googleapi\gsoapgoogleapi\stdsoap2.h(109) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory stdsoap2.c c:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\googleapi\gsoapgoogleapi\stdsoap2.h(109) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory Generating Code... Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\googleapi\gsoapgoogleapi\Debug\BuildLog.htm" Reaper - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Advertisement
i don't think you can just download and run the express beta edition, if i remember right you also have to download "msdn sdk 2.0" or something along those lines.
OK, did that, but STILL same error message!

Did a search for wsock32.lib and winsock.h, but DIDN'T EXIST!!!

Where can I download it?
You need to download and install the platform sdk. After installing it, you will need to add the paths to the headers and lib directories to Visual Studio. The express edition only comes with an implementation of the standard library.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Hmm...

I copied all the files in "lib" and "include" and put them in with all the other basic ones...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE! :D

However, another problem...

Generating Code...
Linking...
LIBCMTD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function _WinMainCRTStartup
Debug/Reaper.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\googleapi\gsoapgoogleapi\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Reaper - 2 error(s), 130 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Now what? :(
You try to compile your project to a windowed application but don't have a WinMain function declared in your code. Either add a WinMain (check for exact signature of the function), or toggle your project to compile as a Console only program, so you can use a standard "void main()". (Check your project settings)
-----The scheduled downtime is omitted cause of technical problems.
Oooo... thanks for the help!

However, where do I change that to console?
No idea ;)

on VS6.0 you decide what project you want to have when creating a new project. Probably you just have to create a new project and add all source files to it again.
-----The scheduled downtime is omitted cause of technical problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement