Sign in to follow this  

I want to make a simply 3d game

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have made a lot posts here about me wanting to start c++, and I have now, but I really dont know a lot. I have made a complex form based game in Visual basic, and I think I can change it to c++ quite easily although time consuming. It is all form based, and it works. It is basically a gameshow from tv, in to a computer game. There are a lot of gameshow cds that show sets. I really want to do the same and make this game 3d. I do not want a real top of the range 3d engine, really I just want a very very basic thing, a simple box, and you see straight ahead of you, a monitor that displays the game... what i mean is that rather than create a whole set that changes, just have the original game, but show it on a screen or somewhere all on one place... I really dont know where to start on this, or what to say, but hopefully if you understand the basics, can someone please refear me to some very basic place that can help me do this. Thanks

do you really need 3d graphics for a gameshow? you might just want to start using the basic windows api (i think thats what its called) before using d3d. you could always get the graphics as bitmaps that look 3d, too.

Thanks for that, but I guess i didnt really explain well enough.

the game works fine, everything about it works.. I want to take it to the next step and implement very basic 3d so I can learn... as i said, it works fine the way it is, but I just think it is time to take it to the next level!

Thanks

If you're programming in c++ I recommend either learning windows api/Direct X (for windows) or else SDL/Opengl (for windows or other platforms). If these "forms" you mentioned (I don't know about Visual Basic), are useable in windows, You'll probably need windows api.

You'll need to be very familiar with C++ in order to use these libraries, however, because windows programming/3d graphics programming encompasses many aspects of the language.

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.