Sign in to follow this  

keep timing in non-window platform

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, I'm currently working on unix platform (OS: IRIX), I want to keep timing for my program and I found that the window function, timeGetTime() is no long valid here. I had tried to use clock() to keep the time, but I found that the constant CLK_TCK is 100 clock per second, which means that I can only keep track every10 ms, and the big problem is that it doesn't seem to return correctly. Anyone here has idea how to keep timing in non-window platform which has accuracy up to mini-second ? Edidas

Hi!

You can use the gettimeofday system call, which is POSIX. This system call should have a resolution to the microsecond.

Also, the problem with clock is that it is sometimes reset to 0 while you are doing your measure, which may give you some negative results I'm sure you don't want.

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.