• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aketegi

OpenGL display list sharing problem

This topic is 5219 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, this is my first post so I introduce myself. I'm a student learning opengl and something quite strange is happening with my code. Well, I render a complex scene (a lot of vertices) using two threads with a context for each one (see multhreading opengl). They are sharing a a lot of display lists (something like 5000), using wglSharelists function. They are synchronized by a semaphore so they never draw simultaneously. Everything works more or less fine. But sometimes, the final picture of a rendering seems to be a mix of 1- the theorycal result of thread A 2- the theorycal result of thread B (I'm sure they NEVER draw at the same time) Furthermore, sometimes there are not drawn objects, which should be drawn by one of the threads. So, my question is: Is there any limitation of using wglSharelists (it works correctly without that, but of course without the result I desire), or anything I could be missing? Something related to the graphic card drivers? I've tryed my app in some card types. Maybe I've found an opengl bug :-). I can give a more detailed explanation if needed. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!