Sign in to follow this  

Don't need texture for both faces, how can I do it?

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As I find, till now when I attach the texture to my plane, both of 2 faces will get this texture, if I want to attach a different texture to a face, not by using one texture map. Can I solve that?

you can also use a simple V Shader to accomplish this and only use one quad. thats what i would do.

edit**, nm, i was thinking you were trying to have a quad with different textures on either side. just stick with what NAME said.(although you could use a shader just as well, but it might be overkill.

You could choose an alpha value of 0 or 1(255) based on which way the normal points (would require a vertex shader), and blend between texture 1 and texture 2 based on the alpha. Or you could put two sets of vertices and let culling handling which side is visible. Either render twice with different textures, or set the vertex alpha in one set of vertices to 1(255), and set the other vertex alpha to 0.

If you have the 3D modelling tools to do so, you could also accomplish the same exact thing, off-line. If you modify the materials in your 3D editor (on a polygon level), then bake the textures (or Render-To-Texture, 3ds Max 5+ has this), the different maps will be combined into one.

Here is a good tutorial on it.

This topic is 4861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.