OpenGL and math...

Started by
3 comments, last by benjamin bunny 19 years, 7 months ago
What are the necessary math with which someone could use OGL and GLSL. If you could give me a detail answer it would be better. Thanks.
Advertisement
It'd be a good idea to at least understand the principles of 3D maths, such as Vertices, Vectors, Planes and Matrices... Generally, the more you know, the less you'll struggle later on.
Trigonometry (sin, cos) is also good to know. As evolutional said, the more you know, the better [smile]
I would say pick up like an elementary book in linear algebra. As my professor said its easy, it is in a straight line. Book should have things on working with a matrix. What a vector is and how to playw ith em. Transforming vectors and matricies. You could pick up the needed principles pretty quick. And then have a reference.
dual 867 g4, 1GB RAM, dual video cards, dual dvd burners, n dual hds. My das always be prepared.
It really depends on what you're doing. ie, if you're making a 2D side-scroller then not much. But for 3D stuff, understanding matrix transformations is a good idea. If you plan to do much anything advanced then get a good book on the subject. Computer Graphics: Principals and Practice is an excellent read, and is probably the most useful book I've bought, because it covers so many areas in graphics.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement