Sign in to follow this  

System strange behaviour

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Could you tell me what this error is all about

[looksaround]***AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.**** ThX!

I was working in VisualC++6.0 nothing special than other days,playing around with OpenGL

The problem is that on the event viewerthe error is atached to another computer name although i'm the only one around,(MACHINENAME[looksaround] )

This was followed by another strange thing
Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 002018542614. The IP address being used is 169.254.180.5.the source of this warning was Dhcp.
Information eventlog
The NetBIOS name and DNS host name of this machine have been changed from MACHINENAME to ELEUTHER.

The second thing sounds like you've got your network / Internet connection net set up properly somehow.

When you said you were "messing around with MSVC", what exactly do you mean? Did were you just typing code in and the error popped up in a message box? Was your program running at the time? Was the error in a message box, in the debug window, or somewhere else?

It mentions the BIOS there, have you recently done anything to your BIOS like changed any settings or flashed / updated it?

Also, have you checked for viruses / spyware? I don't know if thats a possible cause, but it may be worth checking anyway.

HTH, Steve

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.