Sign in to follow this  

Vertex Normal ASE File

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ARGGGGG!! OK, I have done a lot of research but I just don't get this at all. The problem is my object has a ton of objects, but when the lights on in my game I get this: _________ |.. \****| |....\***| |.LIT.\**| |......\*| ---------| coming down diagnal is lit, the other side of the box is dark. In my ase file there is: *MESH_VERTEXNORMAL index x,y,z Each vertex can have several normals, if its a side of a box so I essentially do this: pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal.x = pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal.x + x; pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal.y = pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal.y + y; pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal.z = pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal.z + z; D3DXVECTOR3 vec; D3DXVecNormalize(&vec,&pObjects[objectID].pVertices[index].normal); However, this does not work, It creates what you saw, I checked the normals on the object and they should be showing up fine. The light I'm using is a directional light, NOW YES, if It were a wall that could be a correct display of lights, however, its a huge circle of objects, each (all the way around) have lit verts on the left, going to dark verts on the right... I dont have a screenie with me. Does anyone have any help or ideas??? I'm at a stand still because of this and have tried everything I can think of. Thanks again!!! Jeff.

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.