Sign in to follow this  

C++ Open Source IDE

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I kinda like to program in java and C++ - for Java, I use a pretty good IDE, NetBeans. It is open source, powerfull, and works just fine for me. For C++ I use DevC++, from BloodShed, but it could have more features, really. I don't really want to find a NetBeans-like IDE for C++, but can someone suggest me a good Open Source IDE for C++? What do you people use? Thanks in advance, Son Of Cain

Quote:
Original post by Matei
Eclipse CDT is pretty nice, I only wish I could set it to work with the Microsoft C++ compiler though, instead of GCC.

Who uses MSVC++ anyway?

Err... I know - this was already a bit too much [smile]. I think, if you searched, you'd find. Eclipse is easily extensible and with google's help you could find something for MSVC++, I guess.

And if not - you can write it for yourself [smile]

Oxyd

[Edited by - Oxyd on August 27, 2004 2:27:57 AM]

I honestly think there should be a good VS.net style IDE as an open source project. Especially with MS releasing the compiler for free it would be great to have a worthy, free, and open IDE to use it with. I've tried alot of other IDEs, none hold a candle to VS.net IMHO. Alot of VS's features are really advanced though, such as code completion and visual assist, it would require a lot of talent to re-impliment that. Just imagine, parsing and cataloging an ever-changing mass of C++ (which is not the most coherant language to begin with...) in relation to all the other masses of C++ and libraries... borderline madness.

Anyhow, if I had better knowlege of programming the windows GUI I'd be tempted to undertake or start one up myself, at least the simpler parts. It would be a great sourceforge project. Perhaps something already exists there?

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.