Sign in to follow this  

i have problem with my pc ....?

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello .., how are you ? when i turn on the power i face problem in the booting screen this is the problem: ---------------------------- .... PNP Init Complated Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guard Detecting Primary Master ... WDC WD307AA-00BA00 Detecting Primary Slave ... WDC WD400BB Detecting Secondary Master ... CD-403A Detecting Secondary Slave ... CD-540E Primary Slave drive fails press F1 to continue , press DEL to setup ------------------------------------ when i enter the windows i don't find may second hard dask i was think it is from BIOS i update it from 1003 to 1009 and i don't face any problem with the update and i check the plugs and its ok sometime i face like that: ------------------------------------- ......... Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guar Detecting Primary Master ... [Press F4 to SKIP] Detecting Prim ary Slave ... [Press F4 to SKIP] Detecting Secondary Master ... CD-403A Detecting Secondary Slave ... CD-540E ......... ----------------- what this message mean"Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guar" ?? i wonder what is the problem ??:(

Guest Anonymous Poster
yes i face one of these problems this problem ,
before a week my pc was work all right i wonder what the problem :(

sounds like either a cable loose that connects to your secondary drive disk or your secondary disk drive is dying. first i'd check the cabling. if everything seems secure, i'd copy that data off as fast as you can b/c the drive is about to die.

-me

If u got win XP and u can acceses the windows i mean the internet and shit, then try 2 go 2

START
HELP AND SUPPRORT
AND TYPE SYSTEM RESTORE

or selected it from there somehow and restore the system how it was a a week ago or 2 weeks ago, u might of downloaded something2 screw up ur pc

hope it helps

That only works on WIN XP

Try switching the primary master and primary slave and see if the primary master doesn't boot right. In that case, it's most likely a failed hard disk..

Quote:
Original post by Slick-Player
That only works on WIN XP

It also works on Windows ME. Unfortunately, this problem is reported by the bios well before windows is loaded, so I doubt that this will help.

Other things you can try would be to load with a floppy disk to see if you can see the wacky drive from the command prompt (not likely). You can also try resetting the CMOS by pulling out the battery for 45 minutes (with the power cable unplugged). Most motherboards have a jumper you can short to reset settings, but it doesn't always work.

mmm i had checked the cable it is ok
next i remove the the cable and power cable from primary slave harddisk and i turn off detecting boot for the primary slave from the Bios setup and it works all right but i face this message ??
Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guard
what is mean ?
i can not install any platform
what happen for my pc :'(

The Trend Virus Guard message simply tells you that the motherboard is protected by it. It's no indication of error. Have you tried changing the IDE and Power cables between the Primary Master and Primary Slave?

yes i try
and when i face this
Detecting Primary Master ... WDC WD307AA-00BA00
Detecting Primary Slave ... WDC WD400BB
Detecting Secondary Master ... CD-403A
Detecting Secondary Slave ... CD-540E

Primary Slave drive fails

press F1 to continue , press DEL to setup

i can not found the primary slave not in windows or dos

no it's very unlikely that the PSU is responsible for the failure. if your cables seem securely fastened, it's most likely that you're secondary hard-drive is just dead. :(

-me

... looks like everything worthwhile has been stated already. You should try to clear the CMOS if possible, I've heard of it solving problems like this before. Powersupply is almost certainly not the cause of this. I don't think it's caused by the BIOS flash either, if it loads period it probably has no BIOS problem.

Try switching the drives around, if you've got another IDE cable, try it... can't hurt. Do you have the drive set to cable select or slave / master? The new BIOS may not like cable select or something. Just check the jumpers on the drives in general, may have them both set to master or something.

Hardrive is probably dead though, do you have another computer you can test it in?

mmmmmm
ok if the drive dead i have a warranty :P i can change it
---
before a few min i removed the "dead" harddisk and turned off from the bios setup i tried to install winXP but when it starting to setup it hang :( this is the same with WinME what you think now !:(

Zealot & falkone what are you mean from "CMOS" ??

Quote:
Original post by ff8
Zealot & falkone what are you mean from "CMOS" ??

It's how the BIOS saves it's settings. You can clear it by either looking in your motherboard manual for a BIOS or CMOS reset jumper, or by taking out the little shiny thing that looks like a flat watch battery. If you take out the battery, unplug the power supply of the computer from the wall (or power strip) and leave the battery out for around 30 minutes to assure reset of data.

If you have a warranty, It's probably worth it to just get it replaced.

Quote:
Original post by ff8
if i romoved the CMOS and reput it what will happen ?

you can't remove the CMOS itself, it's generally soldered to the motherboard. removing the battery will just reset the CMOS to whatever it's initial state. honestly, my reccomendation to you is to take your computer to a repair shop. we're starting to get to the point where lots of monkeying around by you, since you're not familliar with this stuff, has a good chance of breaking your entire computer. i've fried my share of hardware so i'm comfortable that i know what not to do in such situations, but this seems like your first time through the proccess. :) proceed at your own peril.

i mean, i'm perfectly happy to continue shouting out things for you to try, just be aware that if you do things wrong or sometimes even touch the wrong component with a little bit of static, you're motherboard or RAM could suddenly be broken too.

-me

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.