i have problem with my pc ....?

Started by
19 comments, last by falkone 19 years, 7 months ago
if its a new pc, (just bough it ) bring it back 2 the store and get a new one :)

but if its old , bring it 2 a computer repiar store c wat they can help u out with
Advertisement
do you think the PSU make this??? cause its give the hardwere the power ?????
no it's very unlikely that the PSU is responsible for the failure. if your cables seem securely fastened, it's most likely that you're secondary hard-drive is just dead. :(

-me
... looks like everything worthwhile has been stated already. You should try to clear the CMOS if possible, I've heard of it solving problems like this before. Powersupply is almost certainly not the cause of this. I don't think it's caused by the BIOS flash either, if it loads period it probably has no BIOS problem.

Try switching the drives around, if you've got another IDE cable, try it... can't hurt. Do you have the drive set to cable select or slave / master? The new BIOS may not like cable select or something. Just check the jumpers on the drives in general, may have them both set to master or something.

Hardrive is probably dead though, do you have another computer you can test it in?
----------------------------------------------------------You know, I might as well go ahead and say I can't fix the problem... because that's when I figure out how.
mmmmmm
ok if the drive dead i have a warranty :P i can change it
---
before a few min i removed the "dead" harddisk and turned off from the bios setup i tried to install winXP but when it starting to setup it hang :( this is the same with WinME what you think now !:(

Zealot & falkone what are you mean from "CMOS" ??
Quote:Original post by ff8
Zealot & falkone what are you mean from "CMOS" ??

It's how the BIOS saves it's settings. You can clear it by either looking in your motherboard manual for a BIOS or CMOS reset jumper, or by taking out the little shiny thing that looks like a flat watch battery. If you take out the battery, unplug the power supply of the computer from the wall (or power strip) and leave the battery out for around 30 minutes to assure reset of data.

If you have a warranty, It's probably worth it to just get it replaced.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
if i romoved the CMOS and reput it what will happen ?
Quote:Original post by ff8
if i romoved the CMOS and reput it what will happen ?

you can't remove the CMOS itself, it's generally soldered to the motherboard. removing the battery will just reset the CMOS to whatever it's initial state. honestly, my reccomendation to you is to take your computer to a repair shop. we're starting to get to the point where lots of monkeying around by you, since you're not familliar with this stuff, has a good chance of breaking your entire computer. i've fried my share of hardware so i'm comfortable that i know what not to do in such situations, but this seems like your first time through the proccess. :) proceed at your own peril.

i mean, i'm perfectly happy to continue shouting out things for you to try, just be aware that if you do things wrong or sometimes even touch the wrong component with a little bit of static, you're motherboard or RAM could suddenly be broken too.

-me
no problem i'll do it even i'll lose my PC cause this problem driving me to crazy !
WHAT DID I SAY :)) GO 2 A REPAIR SHOP :) lOL GO ME

I FELL SO PROUD JK..

tell me how itgeos ?it shouldnt cost u alot less than $200 candadain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement