unresolved external symbol

Started by
4 comments, last by Washu 19 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I'm just trying to get Andre Lamothes T3DLIB1 code to compile, but it's giving me problems. I know it's some little noob mistake, but it's driving me crazy and I've read about 20 other posts where people had similar problems and still haven't fixed it. (I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET edition 2003). Here's what it comes up with: Compiling resources... Linking... T3DLIB1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct HWND__ * main_window_handle" (?main_window_handle@@3PAUHWND__@@A) LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function _WinMainCRTStartup Debug/T3DLIB1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals I included these libraries: ddraw.lib dsound.lib dinput.lib dsetup.lib dplayx.lib d3d8.lib dxguid.lib winmm.lib I made it a win32 project (not console), but tried console too, so that's not the problem. If anyone can help me you'd be my hero!
Advertisement
First: thing delete the debug file
Second: be sure you linked the library with the project
Sorry, I'm pretty new to Visual Studio .NET, how do I delete the debug file?
I had the same error (LNK2001) when running "A Complete Windows Application" sample program from chapter 2, page 38 of the book *OpenGL Game Programming*. I also had fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe.

I'm using vc++ 6. I've been searching the help files for a couple hours to solve the error, but I'm just too new to vc++. Maybe this is a common problem for newbies...? I added the the libraries opengl32.lib and glu32.lib as the book suggests in chapter 1, by way of Project-->Settings-->"Link" tab.

Can anyone share some insight?
Do not crosspost.
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
You've already posted this question once.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement