Sign in to follow this  

Starting Console in FullScreen

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There may be some obscure windows call for this, but I have never heard about it... Console apps are totally seperated from the windows environnement, i don't think you can do this... although, i believe if you put the console in fullcreen once, windows will remember the setting next time... ;)

Yup DOS console apps are compleately seperated from the windows environment.Windows usually can determine if the console app window needs to go to full screen mode.

Anyway if you want to make certain windows does it,try adjusting the settings in the short cut which appears after you run the console app once.
It say MS-DOS on the icon and has the same name as your app.

---------Helps?????

Also if you go into full screen while using an app,next time you start that app,it should go into full screen.But that might depend on the user's settings.Also I dont know about XP.

Just put this where it should go fullscreen:

keybd_event(VK_MENU,0x38,0,0);
keybd_event(VK_RETURN,0x1c,0,0);
keybd_event(VK_RETURN,0x1c,KEYEVENTF_KEYUP,0);
keybd_event(VK_MENU,0x38,KEYEVENTF_KEYUP,0);

This topic is 4862 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.