UT2003 Models??? Does anyone know?

Started by
1 comment, last by SoftZ 19 years, 8 months ago
Hihi... I've recently downloaded a UT2003 models, which the file extensions are .ukx (animation), upl (system), and .utx (textures). Does anyone know how to load the UT2003 models? Or can anyone recommend me to the tutorial webby? Thankx.
Best regards,softz
Advertisement
Greetings!

All Unreal Tournament (2003 and 2004) have all models and animations unpacked on the last CD ( i believe it is the skin art folder ).

PSA = Animation
PSK = Skeletal Mesh

You can both load into MilkShape (source for MS3D) or LithUnwrap.

UKX contains meshes & animations in a single package.

There are tutorials how to load souch files on Epic Knights with full detail source. The files are not hard to load, except they do not include no NORMAL DATA. You will have to compute the normals via the Smoothing groups. You can use the D3DXComputeNormals function, but it will not look as good as in 3DS MAX.

I have rewritten the Skeletal Mesh (Tiny.x) demo from the SDK and it works fine for me, i can load almost any PSK or PSA file, but some of the PSKs are corrupt, because they wanted to prevend reveerse engineering. The best start is AlienMaleA.PSK and AlienA.psa. Some files are corrupted in the WEIGHT/BONE area, for example: if a mesh has 40 bones, someone gone at the hex address and put 80 in that plase. The loader crushes when it sees that the file size is smaller as specified.
UT = Unreal Tournament
Best regards,softz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement