Sign in to follow this  

Mesh is not visible (only a few code lines)

This topic is 4859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Im new with D3D and at the moment I try to load a Mesh from a x file. The xfile is loaded correctly, the texture also. I think the whole method to load a xfile is ok(Queston: I know that I have to write 'an' if a word begins with a,e,i,o,u, but must I use 'an' too when the word sounds like it begins with an vocal? An xfile?). I want to render it like this:
void Engine::Render(Mesh *mesh)
{
    D3D_Device->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET | D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255,255,255), 1.0f, 0);
    D3D_Device->BeginScene();            

mesh->Render();

D3D_Device->EndScene();                        
    D3D_Device->Present(NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
}

This method is called and I pass a pointer to an instance from the class "Mesh" (At the moment I only work with one mesh, otherwise this rendermethod would be moronic). "mesh->Render()" is definitely called, I tested it with a PostQuitMessage(0). This is Render() from the class Mesh:
void Mesh::Render()
{
    D3D_Device->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD,&MeshMatrix); 

for(DWORD i=0; i<dMaterials; i++)
    {
        D3D_Device->SetMaterial(&ptrMeshMaterials[i] );
        D3D_Device->SetTexture(0, ptrMeshTextures[i] );

ptrMesh->DrawSubset(i);
    }
}

The pointer to the D3D Device was passed in the constructor of the class Mesh:
Code:Mesh::Mesh(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE8 device)
{
    D3D_Device        = device;
        [...];
}

Light is also off. I dont know where my mistake is. Must I specify a vector where I want this Mesh to be rendered or ist 0,0,0 standard? I hope you could understand what I want, Im from Germany ;) Greetings Delryn

When you say light is off I assume you mean lighting is disabled. Did you set up the the camera/view matrix? That's important.

'an' goes in front of vowel sounds. :)

This topic is 4859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.