Sign in to follow this  

How to bypass a message ?

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wanna bypass message generated by pressing ALT+SPACE , I try to break the message(message==WM_SYSKEYDOWN,wParam==VK_SPACE) from windows message procedure but my app pop that menu in lefttop all the same and it doesn't seems processed by DefWindowProc, how can I bypass it, it's really disgust.

Alt+Space brings up a nifty menu that allows the user to perform a couple of actions, such as minimizing the window. Why do you want it to go away? This is just like Alt+Tab, it's better to support it, rather than disable it.

My €0.02

Guest Anonymous Poster
I don't think they should, I think it's bad practice, the user should always have control over there computer. If they want to alt tab out of a game they should be able too. This goes under the same heading as games not allowing you to by pass start up screens, or not being able toi quit when you want to etc.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
I don't think they should, I think it's bad practice, the user should always have control over there computer.

In Microsoft Windows, computer controls you

Oxyd

hi, calm down, guys, I just ask for an answer, not want to discuss whether or not should do it here.I know many guys don't like EA games' style, but in other words, if you like StarCraft, would you tell me how to bypass alt+space as some as in StarCraft.

Wouldn't it be enough to just create the windows without MIN/MAXIMIZE_BOX and SYSTEM (might be wrong on this ie, check documentation) styles? A fullscreen game should probably not have these styles anyway.
However, if we are talking about windowed, you should better allow the menu.

Thanks for your tips, BitMaster.
as long as I remove WS_SYSMENU away from CreateWindow(), the system menu doesn't appear anymore, but if it doesn't be controled by message, what control it.
"What the matrix, it's a control." I'm a red pill eater, I don't like control. :-)

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.