problem loading .dat data

Started by
18 comments, last by 23yrold3yrold 19 years, 7 months ago
yeah it worked i should have know i forgot that when you use a .dat file all the pointers are void and you need to declare them thanks
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
ok now it runs but my bit map comes out as a red square like thing do i need to change the grahics or lower the bit on the map
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
never mind what i was seeing was just a fraction of the building i just need to scale it down
// worksblit((BITMAP*)datafile[building_red].dat, screen, 0, 0, 64, 32, ((BITMAP*)datafile[building_red].dat)->w, ((BITMAP*)datafile[building_red].dat)->h);// neaterBITMAP* bmp = (BITMAP*)datafile[building_red].dat;blit(bmp, screen, 0, 0, 64, 32, bmp->w, bmp->h);

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

um is there anyway to scale your bitmaps or am i just going to have to draw it smaller??
stretch_blit()

Or you can just use smaller bitmaps.

one final question what function do you use to set what the invisible color is or if you could just tell me where i can find a dictonary of all the allegro functions and peramaters that would work too thanks
The "invisible color" is always 0 for 8-bit (the first palette entry) and pink (RGB(255, 0, 255)) for truecolor modes. You can't change it, though that might change in later versions of Allegro.

The "dictionary" is otherwise known as the API docs and comes with Allegro in several forms. HTML, TXT, you name it. Check the docs folder.

so dose it support 24 bit? and what do you mean 0 for 8 bit (black?)
By "truecolor", I mean 16bpp, 24bpp, and 32bpp. All three use pink as the transparent color. As for 8 bit, it's always color 0, which means the first color in the palette (palette[0]). It might be (and usually is) black, but doesn't have to be.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement