MindSurge to produce/publish space pool

Started by
1 comment, last by BlackMoons 19 years, 7 months ago
MindSurge Entertainment started to make announcements today about this new pool game they will be producing. Thanks to the skills Martin Sherburn we will be able to bring this fine game to life. read the whole story here FW Space Pool @ WarCry> if your looking to make a name for your project feel free to contact me. Clyde Bielss CEO MindSurge Entertainment (352)483-1488 cbielss@mindsurge.net
work hard-play hard
Advertisement
Quote:
And how did Martin Sherburn, 22-year-old Mechanical Engineering graduate student and research assistant at the University of Nottingham, U.K., come up with this idea? Yup, it was a dream........

"I wanted to make something that was original and that nobody had done before," Martin explained. "I don't feel like there is a lot of point in recreating something that has been done over and over again."

hey dude. i was reading the article and came across this part. im not saying hes lying or anything, im just letting you know that this game has been done before. i actually first heard about the game from reading an article here on gamedev by one of the developers of Duke Nukem... and ive seen someone create and release a version of space pool, and he got the idea for it from the article.

heres the link
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
If you read about it, you'll notice there quite diffrent aside from the name and the fact the levels are non standard pool tables.
For one, mindsurges's has gravity *towards* the walls, the other has 'A 3D game of pool played in zero gravity.'
2nd, mindsurges is a 100% curved envormenet with 0 hard angles
that version uses a box.
3rd, Mindstorms has real holes as pockets.
other version: '"Pockets" are the tiny particle hole systems at the each corner.'
thats 2 similaritys and 3 diffrences, Id say its a quite diffrent game.

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement