Sign in to follow this  

Directplay wait on connect?

This topic is 4852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a client server style game... I have a problem I want to send a packet and have it return to me from the server right after I connect. Only problem is it sends it too fast for the connection complete i suspose? If I send the packet manually IE through a button later on in the game, it will send correctly 100% of the time. But this packet is NEEDED to step even into the game from here on out... So Question is, Is there somehow to tell DirectPlay 8.1, hey buddy hold yer horses and give me a complete event before moving on any further... Thanks...

What functionality are you looking for?

If you want to grab some server-specific information, you can use SetServerInfo() and set custom data in the DPN_PLAYER_INFO struct. Once a client connects (or even browses the servers) that server-specific information is readily available for the clients through the GetServerInfo() call. Conversely, servers can extract client-specific information with GetClientInfo() that clients would have previously set using SetClientInfo().

If you want confirmation that the connection is done and ready to proceed, then you can sync to the DPN_MSGID_CONNECT_COMPLETE message.

-cb

Hey thanks for the reply, I did that and went ahead and put in a wait for object and then once i receive the msg I send out a signal to the object.... Works great except...

Now I have it waiting to send a packet to the server to request some info after we have MADE SURE 100% that we connected, but the first time i send a packet over it doesnt get received. Although the 2nd and on will all be recieved.... Is there another type of msg that ill verify the connection is DEFINITLY made 100%?

Thanks, Brad

This topic is 4852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.