Sign in to follow this  

Where can I get a compiler?

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by kappa
Quote:
Original post by evolutional
The only legal version you can download is the Visual Studio Express 2005 Beta. That and the VC Toolkit, which is the compiler only.

no.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

I mentioned that [smile]

The one thing I don't like about DevC++ for beginners is that the compiler errors (something which beginners will see a lot of) are fairly cryptic. That and the debugger is horrific.

Tom, I recommend you try both the VS Express Beta and DevC++ just to see which one you like. Don't expect immediate results, C++ is a hard language to learn for beginners with no programming experience.

Quote:
Original post by tom delong
where can i download microsoft visual c++.

It's not free software, you have to pay for it. Also bear in mind that this forum has a strict no piracy policy. Asking for pirated software is likely to get you banned very quickly.

I'd imagine that the beta license has a few limitations in how you can use it, although I'd imagine that if you're just trying it out and learning the basics of C++ you'd be fine. However it is a beta, so it may not be perfect...

The standard edition of Visual C isn't usually too expensive, and if you're a student you may be able to get some fairly good discounts.

EDIT: also, please make your thread titles a bit more meaningful.

Quote:
ok but im only 14 so i dont wanna waste money on sumfin i dont have a clue about so its betta to get them free

Then you'll have to make do with one of the free alternatives, such as Dev-C++ or the betas.

The education version is about 75 euros from amazon.fr
(I couldn't find a spanish version of amazon)

Quote:
bu i only earn 10 euros a week

We don't care. We hate pirated software. Use free alternatives or shell out the money. Dev-C++ is a very good IDE with compiler. If you don't like it, why not give up now right away? People are helping you in 3 threads, and all you do is complain about no can't do, I have no idea and I have no money.

Read the links people posted. I bet you only looked at the for beginners section for 30 seconds and then skipped to the forums.

Toolmaker

Quote:
bu i only earn 10 euros a week

Oh! I wish I earned 10 euros a week! I earn 0 Czk a month! (Yes, that's zero - because of high internet bill [smile]).

Quote:
i found a book on amazon which is a complete compiler addition and contains MS visual c++ 6.0 introductory addition

Good. What's the name of the book?

Quote:
The one thing I don't like about DevC++ for beginners is that the compiler errors (something which beginners will see a lot of) are fairly cryptic. That and the debugger is horrific.

I don't see MSVC++'s error messages less cryptyc than MinGW's ones. Both of them complain on error 10 lines below the actual one (especially if you forget the '}' [smile]).

Oxyd

Quote:
i found a book on amazon which is a complete compiler addition and contains MS visual c++ 6.0 introductory addition

Good, use that one then but don't go asking for pirate versions.

Quote:
Original post by MichaelT
Quote:
Original post by Oxyd
Good. What's the name of the book?

Tricks of the Windows game programming gurus.

Which is NOT an intro book for C++.

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.