game university

Started by
13 comments, last by grekster 19 years, 7 months ago
the uni i want to go to is called DigiPen Institute of technology. it is in seattle and it is right next to nintendo and not far away from microsoft.
Advertisement
uhu, the point?

I think, he's just trying to flood the "For Begginers" forum. He has 3 thread right at the top and the second one is called "???????????????????".

I think, someone like Tiffany_Smith should give him a word of warning.

Oxyd
im not tryin 2 flood its jus i dont have a clue about game programming and i want info
Information for newbie game programmers

that confuses me
Making a game isn't pressing a button that says "MAKE GAEM!". It's hard work, lots of reading, thinking, designing and coding!

Read all the articles on the for beginners page about never programmed. Buy yourself a C++ book and learn to program. Then buy yourself a book that is geared towards 2D game development, read, learn it, love it.

It took me about 2 weeks to write a decent tetris clone(Partly because of personal problems). Writing a top-down shooter will probably take 2 or 3 months to write. You have to be patient and read. ALOT.

Toolmaker

i have a book called windows game programming for dummies
Do you know any C++? If not, find an online tutorial on C++ programming(Here for example) or buy a book on it.

Toolmaker

Well read it then :)

Have you tried applying to that university?

other then that read what the others have posted :)
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement