Sign in to follow this  

DevC++ file parsing

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a project with 45+ source files and after loading the project DevC++ begins to parse the files. What is this file parsing and why it takes 50 seconds? Also I noticed that saving an individual project file takes some seconds more than it would in small projects. It's actually more annoying than 50 secs file parsing every time I load the project. I moved this project from Rhide (DOS) to DevC++. In Rhide there is no delays whatsoever in loading the project or saving files.

I have to admit that I have no experience in DevC++ or Rhide what so ever, but I guess DevC++ looks for the symbols in source files every time you load your project. If your using Rhides project files DevC++ might not have any means to save the symbol information anywhere. Try saving your project in native DevC++ format if not already.

Quote:
Original post by Winograd
I guess DevC++ looks for the symbols in source files every time you load your project.

Class browser was the reason why it did that. I turned it off.

This topic is 4857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.