Sign in to follow this  

Unity Magic Tetris 3D = Magic Eye game

This topic is 4851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I've started this topic 3/2/2004. Finally, it became obvious very fast that I didn't have the Mathematics skills to code this game. Then a few weeks ago somebody on another forum posted a link to Lutz Tautenhahn's homepage to show me his work with the SVG-VML-3D javascript library. I couldn't help but notice the Magic Eye section of his site and I decided to pitch him my idea on August 24th. 4 days later it's done! He replied today with the game! Coded in javascript with GIF images!
Quote:
Hi Christian, thanks for your suggestion. I just programmed the game, have a look at the end of the page http://home.t-online.de/home/lutz.tautenhahn/mageye/index.html There you can play it. However, it has only 5 colums, because the number of required images doubles with every column. Regards, Lutz T. Christian Fecteau schrieb: > Hi Lutz, > > Have you ever thought of making a Tetris Magic Eye game working like this > animation: > http://home.t-online.de/home/lutz.tautenhahn/mageye/fcca.html > > Since Tetris is a non-color shape-based game, that would be great to have a > basic Tetris game where you can see the action only if you get the right > focus like for that animation in black and blue. > > Christian > http://christianfecteau.com/
Kudos Lutz! You're amazing! I've played it. It's very basic, but it works. Enjoy: Magic Tetris 3D Christian

CProgrammer: I saw one of these recently at the mall, except you didn't need glasses, the screen was covered with some kind of surface that projected rays different ways.

Also, there exist special glasses that you can use to play games in real 3D. Frames are simply rendered alternately for the left and right eye, and the driver also "tells" the glasses when each eye should be able to see the screen. The glasses then become opaque for the eye that must be blind, and only the other eye sees the frame. A framerate of 100FPS means you see 50FPS in the end.

I think this was posted on GameDev a while back, and it seemd relevant:
http://www.leweyg.com/download/SIRD/q2/index.html

Quake II in Magic Eye. :-D

Cheers,
--Brian

Quote:
Original post by FieroAddict
I always see those things backwards.... everythig goes away from me instead of popping out.

You're probably crossing your eyes instead of widening them (or vicea versa, if they're meant for the other way). It took me awhile to develop the ability to do so... you start with looking "beyond" the picture, or trying to.

Unfortunately, I can't yet focus on the game - the entire row image changing is too distracting for my eyes to maintain focus.

Took me like five games before I could see the pieces. Then played for a bit before my eyes got tired. Only got to level 2 with a score of 1560. Interesting game.

Edit - ohh... Just noticed the pause feature, makes it easier to focus before starting. :)

Great link Nairb! I'm collecting all these and I will eventually create a new page on my website for all the Magic Eye games on the Net.

Vampyre_Dark, I agree about the colors. I made a second version in silver/white. It's in French though (translated it for my friends). More choices to come. Each image has only 2 colors. I think I'll make a green one... I didn't bother to test in another browser than IE6 since all my friends use it.
MOD

The known record is 6300 by Christian Ankerstjerne:

I must've spent over an hour of my life in total trying to make these things work, and I'm still no better off. I do as they say and look beyond the picture, trying different focuses and different lengths from the screen. What is wrong with me!? :(

This topic is 4851 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.