• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

What can i use for this?

This topic is 4923 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've uploaded my jad,jar and wml files on to the webserver.What s/w or devices besides my handphone can i use to test whether i can successfully download the jar/or to check if there is an error reading the wml file?

Advertisement
Just guessing: you could go to internet with your phone and enter the URL of the .jad file. Maybe that's enough.

Quote:
Original post by jjmontes
Just guessing: you could go to internet with your phone and enter the URL of the .jad file. Maybe that's enough.

That would incur additional phone charges if i use my phone to connect.I was thinking of maybe some PC s/w i could use.

Well, any web browser should be sufficient to download JADs and JARs. Use a program like wget and save the headers returned by the server to ensure that the Content-Type is being correctly reported (most phones will refuse to install a MIDlet if it is not).

handphone = cell phone.

There are cellphone emulators out there that will allow you to simulate a cell phone. Check the website of your cell phone manufacturer and see if they have a free developer program that includes an emulator to check and see if the website works.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement