Sign in to follow this  

OpenGL Error

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking into learning a bit of OpenGL, so I downloaded a couple of the lessons from the NeHe OpenGL tutorials. When I tried to compile the code I specifically downloaded for Dev-C++, I got the error "No such file or directory." and it said the error was on line 12 which said
#include <gl\glaux.h>

or the header file for the Glaux library. I was under the impression I didn't need to do anything to my computer but update my NVidia driver. Do I need to download something else?

If I recall, the GLAux library isn't shipped with DevC++. You could try GLUT or my personal choice, GLFW.

NeHe only uses it for image loading, so if you can find your own method of image loading, that'd be preferable (TGA loading is easy and better than Bitmaps because you get an Alpha channel).

Check out the glaux library replacement link NeHe put on his main page (left hand column, under NeHe Misc.). Anyway, your compiler doesn't have it because it's an out of date library that's very rarely used. However, because it is used in the earlier NeHe tutorials, NeHe threw together a quick fix for ya.

This topic is 4858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.