Stupid Windows Resources

Started by
1 comment, last by jflanglois 19 years, 7 months ago
For some reason, I get the error, ".\directx.h(8) : fatal error RC1004: unexpected end of file found" whenever I try to build with MSVC++ .NET 2003. Here's the source code: directx.h:

#include <windows.h> // Include the Windows API Header File
#include <d3d8.h> // Include the Direct3D 8 Header File

#define IDI_DIRECTX 1

bool D3DSetup(void); // Direct3D Setup Function
void D3DRender(void); // Direct3D Function Used to Render or Draw the Screen
void D3DShutdown(void); // Direct3D Shutdown Function

main.cpp:

#include "directx.h" // Include the Header Where We Define the DirectX Functions, Classes, Etc.

HWND hWindow; // Handle to the Window
MSG Message; // Structure That Handles Windows Messages

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND, unsigned int, WPARAM, LPARAM); // The Window Message Handler

// The Main Function of the Program

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int iCmdShow)
{

WNDCLASSEX WindowClass; // Class Used to Set Window Settings

WindowClass.cbClsExtra = 0; // No Extra Class Settings
	WindowClass.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX); // Size of the Class
	WindowClass.cbWndExtra = 0; // No Extra Window Settings
	WindowClass.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(BLACK_BRUSH); // Set the Background Color to Black
	WindowClass.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW); // Set the Cursor to the Windows Arrow
	WindowClass.hIcon = LoadIcon(hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_DIRECTX)); // Set the Icon to Look Like a Windows Application
	WindowClass.hIconSm = LoadIcon(hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_DIRECTX)); // Set the Icon Displayed on the Window to Look Like a Windows Application
	WindowClass.hInstance = hInstance; // Set the Handle to the Instance of the Application
	WindowClass.lpfnWndProc = WndProc; // Use the Function We Define Later as the Windows Message Handler
	WindowClass.lpszClassName = "DirectX"; // Set the Class Name
	WindowClass.lpszMenuName = NULL; // No Menu for the Program
	WindowClass.style = CS_DBLCLKS | CS_OWNDC | CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW; // Set Style Options

if (!RegisterClassEx(&WindowClass)) // Make Sure the Class Gets Register; if Not, Then Alert the User and Exit
	{

MessageBox(NULL, "Window Class Registration Failed", "Error", MB_OK);
		return 0;

}

if (MessageBox(NULL, "Would you like to run in fullscreen mode?", "DirectX", MB_YESNO) == IDYES) // See if the User Wants to Run the Program in Fullscreen or Windowed Mode
	{

if (!(hWindow = CreateWindowEx(NULL, "DirectX", "DirectX", WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN), GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN), NULL, NULL, hInstance, NULL))) // Make Sure the Window is Created; if Not, Then Alert the User and Exit
		{

MessageBox(NULL, "Window Creation Failed", "Error", MB_OK);
			return 0;

}

}
	else
	{

if (!(hWindow = CreateWindowEx(NULL, "DirectX", "DirectX", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 640, 480, NULL, NULL, hInstance, NULL))) // Make Sure the Window is Created; if Not, Then Alert the User and Exit
		{

MessageBox(NULL, "Window Creation Failed", "Error", MB_OK);
			return 0;

}

}

if (!D3DSetup()) // Make Sure Direct3D Sets Up; if Not, Then Alert the User and Exit
	{

MessageBox(NULL, "Direct3D Setup Failed", "Error", MB_OK);
		PostQuitMessage(0);

}

ZeroMemory(&Message, sizeof(Message)); // Clear the MSG Structure Before We Use it

// The Main Loop

while (Message.message != WM_QUIT) // The Program Will Exit if the Window Message Received is the Quit Message
	{

if (PeekMessage(&Message, NULL, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE)) // If a Message is Received, Then Process it
		{

TranslateMessage(&Message);
			DispatchMessage(&Message);

}

if (GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE)) // If the User Presses ESCAPE, Then Make Sure the User Wants to Exit
		{

if (MessageBox(NULL, "Are you sure you want to quit?", "DirectX", MB_YESNO) == IDYES)
			{

PostQuitMessage(0);

}

}

D3DRender(); // Render the Screen

}

D3DShutdown(); // Shutdown Direct3D

UnregisterClass("DirectX", hInstance); // Unregister the Window Class

return 0; // Return to Windows

}

// The Window Message Handler

LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hWindow, unsigned int Message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{

switch (Message)
	{

case WM_CLOSE: // If We Receive the Close Message, Then Exit

PostQuitMessage(0);
		break;

case WM_DESTROY: // If We Receive the Destroy Message, Then Exit

PostQuitMessage(0);
		break;

default:

break;

}

return DefWindowProc(hWindow, Message, wParam, lParam); // Return to WinMain

}

directx.rc:

#include "directx.h"

ICON IDI_DIRECTX "icon.ico"

I would include directx.cpp, but it just defines those three functions in directx.h (which for now do nothing). I'll give any other information you want.
=============================All knowledge is good; only the way it is put to use is good or evil.
Advertisement
Ive not used .net but perhaps the problem is this:
You have included directx.h in your resource file. This means
function prototypes are in your resouce file and are not valid.
I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest using

#pragma once

or

#ifndef DIRECTX_H
#define DIRECTX_H
<br>#endif<br><br>in directx.h<br><br>It may also be that you have to implement your functions in the h file, but I'm not sure of that since I rarely put functions in h files.<br><br>Regards,<br>jflanglois

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement