What is it with these new user levels

Started by
8 comments, last by Niels 24 years, 4 months ago
That figures - you're dedicated (whatever that means)!
<b>/NJ</b>
Advertisement
*sigh*

If enough people feel like Niels, I can change the levels back to what they were. The names chosen were intended to reflect the level of activity of the member, and have a pseudo-religious feel to them, although I tried really hard not to tie them to any specific religion. "Martyr" was chosen because martyrs sacrifice their lives for something they find important, and anyone who has attained that level has certainly sacrificed a significant amount of their time to help others. Most of the level names use terms representing a level of dedication, and the ordering is somewhat arbitrary.

Anyway, I thought that this would add a little flavor to the board. I thought some people would like it, some people wouldn't care, but that very few would be bothered by it. Maybe I was wrong. I'm personally annoyed with always having to choose the most neutral (and thus, often boring) path , but such is the lot of a high-profile website.

- Dave

In life, you can't please everyone. So why try?
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Well, I think they're clever and humerous. I say keep them.
I like the new levels. I think they have dark hidden meanings.

0-19 Initiate (Neophyte)
20-49 Dedicated (Deviant)
50-99 Fanatic (Worshipper)
100-199 Zealot (Evil)
200-399 Martyr (Devil)
400-??? Saint (Satanic)

Heretic

Whatever works for you. I'm glad some people like them. I was maybe a little bit more terse this morning than I normally would be. I've had a couple of days from hell, but now my projects are approaching completion, and I can relax again :<)
I really like the new levels since there clever and seem more accurate then the previous system. I must admit I'd rather be a Guru though

--TheGoop

Ok ok, I am not religious about this (bad joke). As long as I don't have to die to become a martyr I can live with it (somebody stop me!).

/Niels

<b>/NJ</b>
Being an atheist I find it somewhat anoying to be named a martyr. Whats a zealot anyway? 'Cmon guyz, "Registered", "Unregistered" and "Staff" is really sufficient.

/Niels Jesus

<b>/NJ</b>
Well, Niels, just post more stuff and get to Sainthood. Then you won't be a Martyr anymore.
JeranonGame maker wannabe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement