Pretty Forms?

Started by
4 comments, last by Sneftel 19 years, 7 months ago
I'm trying to add some menus to my game, including config menus and the obligatory "Are you sure?" menu for various events. I know how to make forms, but only simple ones. What I need now are forms with nice border patterns, and maybe images and even a fancy (new?) font. Is there a way to get these features through the basic forms, or must I make everything from scratch? Any tutorials that cover this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-------------Hunted by allAided by noneUSS CarpathiaNCC-17499www.carpathia.tk - Starfleet renegades
Advertisement
You pretty much have to make everything from scratch. The standard non-Canvas graphics elements, IMHO, are not suitable for use in games due to their lack of customizable graphics.
On top of this there are a lot of memory issues with using forms. Be sure to checkout all the forums and white pages if you decide to use forms... which you shouldnt.
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.Chinese Proverb
There are a few Canvas-based UI libraries available too.
Google for Synclast or J2ME Polish.

shmoove
Thanks all! :)
-------------Hunted by allAided by noneUSS CarpathiaNCC-17499www.carpathia.tk - Starfleet renegades
Note that general-purpose UI libraries such as Synclast and J2ME Polish tend to use up 10-20K of memory. On certain phones, that's a big bite out of the maximum JAR size. Rolling your own solution will take up much less space.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement