Sign in to follow this  
MentalSentinel

Problems with texture loader and glaux replacement

Hello everybody, I've been having problems with NeHe's lesson06, since it complains about glaux.DLL being not found. I know i have to download the glaux replacement for this, but i don't know, where to put this replacement, i'm using the Dev-C++ conversion of Lesson06, can anyone show me the Dev-C++ code of lesson06 with the glaux replacement code in it? If you can, it'll be greatly apreciated. Cheers.

if you have a DLL, try placing it in a place that your project can find it, if its on a windows machine, try puttin it in the c:\windows\system32 directory or maybe the c:\windows\system directory. if those don't work & you have no clue otherwise... do a search for other *.dll files & put it where those are.

Someone please answer this, i have posted this at the official OpenGL forum aswell, and they simply ignore my real question, and show me things i have no need to see, instead of simply answering what would take them a lot less time...
So anyone please help me... I'd like to continue with NeHe's tuts, but until someone answer this, i can't... :<
Cheers.

Quote:
Original post by MentalSentinel
Someone please answer this, i have posted this at the official OpenGL forum aswell, and they simply ignore my real question, and show me things i have no need to see, instead of simply answering what would take them a lot less time...
So anyone please help me... I'd like to continue with NeHe's tuts, but until someone answer this, i can't... :<
Cheers.

If you check the NEHE tuts down a bit further (forget the exact #), it goes into loading textures without that library, so might just be easiest to find that tutorial and use the image loading straight from it.

Ok, just found it:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=24

Explains how to load .tga files without using the glaux library anymore.

Guest Anonymous Poster
MentalSentinel, I have the same problem, and I think you could post the code you finally used, for the rest of the people who still have this problem. thanks.