Sign in to follow this  
Softwind

.NET accomodation problem !

Firstly : How do we convert a tlvertex to an intptr ? Eg. : Dim V(3) as D3DTLVERTEX D3DDevice.DrawPrimitiveUP D3DPT_TRIANGLEFAN,2,V(0)* _ Len(V(0)) * the problem occurs here ! Error description : Value of 'DXVbLibA.D3DTLVERTEX' cannot be converted to 'System.IntPtr' . Secondly : We can seem to find any D3DXMATH_* modules (be * any of MATRIX,COLOR ... etc.) Do we need a new DX library (we're using the 8.0 one ) ? 10x

Aha! Another VB user!

Well, I'm afraid to tell you that using DX8 with .NET can be troublesome because .NET won't let you use any of the module-level procedures (ie, those that are not associated with objects).

This means, all the math, matrix math, and everything, is not usable. Which renders most everything useless.

So I would strongly recommend you either switch to Dx9 or VB6 (I use VB6 and Dx8)

Hmmm... ;) 10x alot Mushu but we're not "looking backward" to upgrading from .NET to VB6 :) ;) ... (since we're still new with .NET)... but seriously we'd like to knwo if DX8.1 would make any difference ? (in that it has encapsulated in objects the D3DMATH_* stuff ...) Anyways the ideea of upgrading to DX9 is looming ahead for a while ,but not just yet :) And how about converting a tlvertex to an intptr ? Thanks mushu and we're really apreciating any replies ...

Nope, 8.1 is the same as 8.

There may be some way to make it work, but I have no idea what that would be. I would highly recommend going to 9.

As for the conversion; can't help you there either; VB6 automatically passes the pointer instead of the array [wink]. Sorry!

Good luck with whatever decision you decide to make!