Sign in to follow this  
rherm23

good places to go from here?

i have been studying c++ for a few months with tutorials and some limited library books mostly off and on. i am now gonna study on a daily basis and am wondering is there a certain path to follow or order of operations for game developement. i have read the tutorials for text adventures and am creating one. but then what do i go to graphics or do i go somewhere else? is there an order of games to make to get a great understanding of game programming in general. what games have the greatest potential for teaching and learning graphics (2d then 3d), ai, coll detection, and so on.

what goes through that is there a link i am supposed to see? i posted this topic because i would eventuallly like to get in to creating rpgs in c++. i like the text adventures because they are like foundations to expand on for later rpgs. but graphics are huge as well as learning ways to implement item, battle, and character systems so any games that could help me in these areas would be great. i appreciate the rapid response though!