[web] First Website

Started by
19 comments, last by Zixouh 19 years, 7 months ago
If I had to be picky, I'd suggest you use a program to create your image thumbnails. By the looks of it, you're using the browser's image scaling ability to make your thumbs which is generally a bad idea. For starters, the browser has to download the entire image to scale it which in a lot of respects defeats the point of a thumbnail. The second problem with this method is down to the way the browser scales it, the images look distorted and not visually appealing. If you wanted some advice, I'd recommend downloading a paint package such as The GIMP and creating some nice thumbnails. It'll do a lot better job and create a nice crisp thumbnail for you to link to, chacnes are it'll optimise the image too, making the image tiny in comparison and easy for the user to view without hogging bandwidth.
Advertisement
Alright, I need a little help. I spent the last few hours reading up on XHTML and CSS, and have remade my main page so that it is valid. I am trying to use the psuedo classes described here to specify the colors of my links but they are not having any effect. The xhtml is here and the style sheet is here.
I don't believe classes are inherited like that... Couldn't you just use a:visited to make all links the same color? The way you have it now you'd have to set the class attribute of each link to "linkinfo".
Ra
heh, yup... I changed it exactly like you described, and it worked perfectly. Thanks :)
I still don't agree with the content text color. Whitet would work well here (or a light grey). The main text should be neutral for some reasons on how the brain works.
Looks good but id also prefere a change in text colour I find the current colour a strain to read with the glare on my monitor and im guessing that alot of other people may have this problem too. Changing to a colour that stands out more would help alot :)
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
I just changed the style sheet to use all white text, and it feels like the web site has lost its flavor. However its a biased opinion since I like the former color (#0080FF) in any context. Is this an improvement?
hmm... it's a tough decision but I think the blue looked better.
Ra
Look better before.
alright, I'm gonna roll back then.

For those who the color bothered... if you would like to play with the style sheet to find a text color that looks better on your monitor, I would be happy to try any hex values you suggest.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement