The Almighty C# Console Mode

Started by
3 comments, last by cilcoder 19 years, 7 months ago
ErrrR grumble grumble.. C# has crapy console more classes. Is any good function that checks to see if there has been a key pressed? Or that checks to see if any keypresses are in the buffer? The function must not block if there is no keypresses. I don't thnik I can use windows.froms events to keypresses, becouse it's a console app there are no controls to capture it on. Any help? [Edited by - DarkSol on September 1, 2004 7:55:19 PM]
-Programing is a mindset not a hobby.
Advertisement
Anyone got any ideas? googled for help.. but it's all how to do it with windows.forms nothing on the console.
did you check the Console class itself? it has the functions that your looking for.
--What are you nutz?I have nothing to say to your unevolved little brain. The more I say gives you more weapons to ask stupid questions.
Ahhh.. of couse. must be something I did to it.

thanks afterburn. not to find a what I did to make it block.

//got to be this thats caseing the problem.[DllImport("kernel32.dll", EntryPoint="SetConsoleMode", SetLastError=true, CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]private static extern int SetConsoleMode(IntPtr hConsoleHandle, int dwMode);[DllImport("kernel32.dll", EntryPoint="GetConsoleMode", SetLastError=true, CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]private static extern int GetConsoleMode(IntPtr hConsoleHandle,	ref int dwMode);const int ENABLE_LINE_INPUT = 2;const int ENABLE_ECHO_INPUT = 4;const int STD_INPUT = 3;IntPtr hStdIn = new IntPtr(STD_INPUT);int mode=0;GetConsoleMode(hStdIn, ref mode);mode = (mode & ~(ENABLE_LINE_INPUT | ENABLE_ECHO_INPUT));SetConsoleMode(hStdIn, mode);int s="-this is the default blank";//here is my reads = Console.Read();
I used Visual C# Express Beta on a friends computer(thus using C# 2.0 and the .NET Framework 2.0 beta). The 2.0 version of the .NET framework has a lot of nice functions for console support. Colors, etc. Although to use it you'll have to wait until 2.0 is release final before you distribute your app. I don't have the beta's install on my computer because I have visual studio 2003 and everything working good and I don't want to mess it up somehow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement