Sign in to follow this  
Mr Grinch

Crown and Cutlass Alpha-1.1

The open-source, 3d remake of the original Pirates! game that I'm working on just released Alpha-1.1. This version includes a much much better ship model, the beginnings of an economy, and reworked water. Visit either the Crown and Cutlass homepage or our sourceforge project page. Just for comparison, this is the old ship model: This is the new model: Good bye crappy programmer-created model! Try it out and let us know what you think or if you have problems.

Yeah, it should work with VBOs. However, I have an nvidia card (as does the other developer), so I can't really troubleshoot the ATI VBO problem. Read these threads for more:
Crown and Cutlass Alpha-1.0 announcement
Question I asked in the graphics forum

GroZZler also has an 8500 and experiences the same problem, although he never answered my followup questions. What version of the drivers are you using, happybara? Have you had any trouble with VBOs in any other programs? Do you experience the slowdown that GroZZler described when you don't use VBOs? Thanks.

i have tried to run it with catalyst driver 4.6 and 4.8. with both of them, i could see the land only when VBO was disabled. GroZZleR wrote about 'hiccups' effect. i have found it under catalyst 4.6, but with 4.8 the game goes very smooth. NeHe's lesson 45 (about VBO) works well (about 180FPS , windowed mode) on my machine.

Sign in to follow this