• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DynaEmu

Free IDEs (Looking for some)

This topic is 5035 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I need some free IDEs for the following languages... C C++ C# Visual Basic 6 J# Python Ruby LUA PHP ASP Thanks! P.S. Do not include the Visual Studio Express Editions in here :P

Advertisement
C, C++: dev-cpp
C#: sharp develop
Visual Basic: VB is the only thing that compiles that language, it comes with IDE
I don't know about the others.

This thread has some IDEs listed for C++/Java, with Eclipse being the main one.

For VB.NET and C#, look at #develop, which is free and Open Source - IMHO it's a lot like Visual Studio too, except you'll have to crank the SDK debugger separate to #develop, which is the only drawback.

You HAVE to buy VB6. I heard somewhere there was an OpenSource VB compiler, but it wasn't that good last time I heard. Things may have changed now, but VB.NET craps on VB6 from a high.

hmm, for C/C++ there is KDevelop, Dev-C++, and Project Builder. For Python, you could use the IDE that comes with it.

BlueJ is a good IDE for Java , it shows how each class in your project relates to eachother.

*edit* sorry , Java wasn't on the list , lol

Google for a java ide i'm ABSOLUTELY positive there are some. Back when I was taking intro to java i downloaded one for free.

There's one really small and cool editor for all these languages,and it's called SciTE

It's my fav editor.I use it all the time even though I may have the default IDEs, it's really good.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!