Free IDEs (Looking for some)

Started by
11 comments, last by Toadhead 19 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I need some free IDEs for the following languages... C C++ C# Visual Basic 6 J# Python Ruby LUA PHP ASP Thanks! P.S. Do not include the Visual Studio Express Editions in here :P
Advertisement
C, C++: dev-cpp
C#: sharp develop
Visual Basic: VB is the only thing that compiles that language, it comes with IDE
I don't know about the others.
Yea, butyou gotta buy Visual Basic 6.... so there are no IDES for it?
This thread has some IDEs listed for C++/Java, with Eclipse being the main one.

For VB.NET and C#, look at #develop, which is free and Open Source - IMHO it's a lot like Visual Studio too, except you'll have to crank the SDK debugger separate to #develop, which is the only drawback.

You HAVE to buy VB6. I heard somewhere there was an OpenSource VB compiler, but it wasn't that good last time I heard. Things may have changed now, but VB.NET craps on VB6 from a high.
DELETE
hmm, for C/C++ there is KDevelop, Dev-C++, and Project Builder. For Python, you could use the IDE that comes with it.
BlueJ is a good IDE for Java , it shows how each class in your project relates to eachother.

*edit* sorry , Java wasn't on the list , lol
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Google for a java ide i'm ABSOLUTELY positive there are some. Back when I was taking intro to java i downloaded one for free.
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
There's one really small and cool editor for all these languages,and it's called SciTE

It's my fav editor.I use it all the time even though I may have the default IDEs, it's really good.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[AirBash.com]
The Free Country is a great place for free compilers and IDEs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement