Sign in to follow this  
renobastian100

Multiplayer BlackJack Game in Shockwave...need ideas

hi GameDev! me and my programming partner will be designing a full featured multiplayer blackjack application written in Shockwave and we wanted some good incentives to get people playing our game... do you think a chat in the lobby is a good idea? or just time waster? what about web forums/ discussions based around the blackjack app? number of players per table? bet limit? do you guys have any good ideas? anything will be helpful... thanx

I would add the chat feature, forums seem like overkill, though.

As for the number of players per table and max bet, I would have different tables so that the player can play according to his liking.

When I start out, I shouldn't have all that much cash, so I'd play at a small table with few players (just my choice) with lower max. bets. Maybe make the dealer a little easier here.

Then later on, once I've accumulated some cash at the low stakes boards, I can move up and play with the high rollers (which really doesn't apply in BJ anyway, but whatever) and play for higher stakes and higher winnings [wink].

I would also add that the tables with the higher max bets should also have higher min. bets.

Make there some way that you can store user information, so that I can keep a running sum after I've won awhile - there's no point in me playing if I can't keep my winnings! [wink]

Along these lines, it would be cool to have a "player stats" page where the richest 5/10/50 (or all?) top players would have their names and winnings displayed, like our own stats page.

And that's all the ideas I have right now!

Post the site address when its done so I can rip some n00bs open... oh wait, it's BJ. Damn. (I get to be dealer then!) :P

Quote:
Original post by Mushu
I would add the chat feature, forums seem like overkill, though.

As for the number of players per table and max bet, I would have different tables so that the player can play according to his liking.

When I start out, I shouldn't have all that much cash, so I'd play at a small table with few players (just my choice) with lower max. bets. Maybe make the dealer a little easier here.

Then later on, once I've accumulated some cash at the low stakes boards, I can move up and play with the high rollers (which really doesn't apply in BJ anyway, but whatever) and play for higher stakes and higher winnings [wink].

I would also add that the tables with the higher max bets should also have higher min. bets.

Make there some way that you can store user information, so that I can keep a running sum after I've won awhile - there's no point in me playing if I can't keep my winnings! [wink]

Along these lines, it would be cool to have a "player stats" page where the richest 5/10/50 (or all?) top players would have their names and winnings displayed, like our own stats page.

And that's all the ideas I have right now!

Post the site address when its done so I can rip some n00bs open... oh wait, it's BJ. Damn. (I get to be dealer then!) :P

we'll. we wanted a forum intergrated with our app to make it feel more like a community based site...
plus the forums will serve other purposes (not just gaming discussions) we will intergrate user points from our blackjack app with other aspects of the forums like betting on events...etc...

but thanks for your suggestions..they were more or less the path that we wanted to take...

do you have any promotional ideas? to keep players returning back? affiliate programs? owm thier own tables? etc...