Model rendering problem

Started by
2 comments, last by thoue 19 years, 7 months ago
Im renderinder a model with HLSL. Every thing is well set, matrix position, shadow... I have a simple ray casting animation depending on le click loc position. The problem: When the model move away from the cam, it start to flicker. pic System: 2.8GHz ati 9800 pro (drivers latest 4.8) ram 1Gram [Edited by - thoue on September 2, 2004 1:45:30 AM]
************THOUE*****Spec:Intel: 2.8GHzAti Radeon 9800 pro1024mg RAMDevelopping C# DX 9.0c appsThx you!
Advertisement
It is z fighting. Try reducing the distance of the far clip plane and pushing the near clip plane out to 1.0 when you create your projection matrix. If that doesn't help (it should with such a small scene) try a higher z buffer depth (D3DFMT_D24 instead of D3DFMT_D16 most likely)

edit: to post a link, use <a href="URL here, needs to have http:// on it">Text for url here</a>

edit2: there seems to be a bug, if you edit your post, & lt ; and & gt ; are translated into < and > when you make the modifications...
My near plane is at 1.0f far is at 5000.0

on those shoot i was almost 2000.0f from the sphere.

ill try and post the result
************THOUE*****Spec:Intel: 2.8GHzAti Radeon 9800 pro1024mg RAMDevelopping C# DX 9.0c appsThx you!
Thx kibble here is your new mark

Extremely helpful and/or friendly -- checked

i have set this value and there is no more flicker

d3dpp.AutoDepthStencilFormat = d3d.DepthFormat.D24X8;

thx alot

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement