• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Red Planet

I need Visual C++ 6.0 Professional

This topic is 5027 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! I like to buy a Visual C++ 6.0 Professional edition. It must be legal with license (not AE or any restrictions) and original CDs required. Anyone can help me? If yes, please reply or email at: red_planet@freemail.hu Thaks boys!

Advertisement
Yeah. But i haven't seen 6.0, just one - i've bidded and won, sent the money and the product didn't arrived to me...[imwithstupid]
So if anyone have this old ver (may be somebody upgraded) i'm the possible people who would like to buy it.[rolleyes]

Um, eBay has a protection policy for situations like that. You should file a claim and get your money back, if you indeed never got your product. However, if the seller shipped it and it simply didn't arrive, I don't know if that falls under the shipping insurance policy or not.

It wasn't too big loss, just the transfer fees. The seller wasn't a swindle (didn't picked up the payment) just not told me he did shell one product many people.
Oversold effect, forgive and forget.

While I'm not too fond of the C# java-like syntax from what I've seen, I am pleased that you can still make pure C++ applications with it. So yeah, get C# if you can, because then you won't have to upgrade anytime soon after, and also you won't run into any of the older bugs found in VC++ 6.

I have many apps written in Visual C++ 6.0 and i like to continue these but i afraid about .NET :
1. Have framework installed on machines to run my app (as i heard)
2. Need DirectX SDK and i don't know how fits .NET (although i now use Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise edition (khmm, a "trial" version [embarrass]) and i suppose the Visual C++ 6.0 Professional gives me same dev environment).

Quote:
Original post by Red Planet
I have many apps written in Visual C++ 6.0 and i like to continue these but i afraid about .NET :
1. Have framework installed on machines to run my app (as i heard)
2. Need DirectX SDK and i don't know how fits .NET (although i now use Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise edition (khmm, a "trial" version [embarrass]) and i suppose the Visual C++ 6.0 Professional gives me same dev environment).

You can open your projects in Visual Studio .NET, and you can run them without the .NET framework installed - as long as you produce native executables (easy - open the existing projects. And for new projects, just ignore the .NET project types)

The DirectX SDK also works fine with VS.NET, and you'll actually get access to the shader debugger (which isn't available under 6.0)

Put nicely: Get VS.NET, pleaaaaaase [smile]

Thx for the replies!

You're about to convince about .NET of me...
Is exist a Professional version of Visual C++.NET ?
Because i like to make a commercial ver. programs, and i heard about standard - which is not allowed this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!