"""How to reduce data transfer"""

Started by
6 comments, last by Fruny 19 years, 7 months ago
hi , I'm new in the field of networking . plz tell me how can I reduce data transfer, in TCP/IP .
Advertisement
You need to transmit less information.
by sending less data?

what exactly is your question?
damn, fractoid, you were 20 seconds faster :)

oh, i see, that's because your message was shorter... hmmm...

shorter message -> reduced data transfer -> faster TCP/IP transmission! ;)
Only because I reduced my data transfer! [grin]

[edit: bah. which you already said. that'll teach me to not properly read posts :P ]
Don't use so many quotation marks! ;)

cya,
Drag0n
-----------------------------"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning..." -- Rich Cook"...nobody ever accused English pronounciation and spelling of being logical." -- Bjarne Stroustrup"...the war on terror is going badly because, if you where to compare it to WWII, it's like America being attacked by Japan, and responding by invading Brazil." -- Michalson
tell us a little bit about your code first so we can have a slighty idea on what could be wrong with your code
Quote:Original post by Drag0n
Don't use so many quotation marks! ;)

"""Three quotations marks
indicate a multiline string
in Python"""
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement